Wednesday 18 November 2009

Where I live...




I live in a nice little Gameworld. It is home to some very skilled, as well as some very shit managers(Kieran).

My Aim for this Blog is to give you some ramblings about the goings on in Platini, the adventures of Grim Reaper and anything interesting about FML.

Platini is a fairly old server, started about February 09 and at the moment (18/11/09), there have been 138 different managers that have logged in, in the last 24 hours. Is this a good thing ? or a bad thing ? I keep hearing on the forums about "Gameworlds are dying", "ZOMG U FUCKEN SUXORS GW DIEDZ" and the like.

How many managers is infact optimal ?. To be honest I think everything is fine as it is. ……We could do with a few more managers, but:

1. The transfer market is still pretty active

Not only is the transfer market alive and booming, but there are lots of good regens (think they finally fixed something in 1.3.2) as well as oldies available on the free agent market.

2. Football Associations

There are about 4Active FA's all running lots of competitions for youth as well as seniors.

3.Chat

As I type this there are 33 managers online. this is pretty much a good average for us. That is more than enough people to play against. The lobby is always very talkative too, usually with Mike talking about something to do with midgets or Alan talking about the Fat bird he shagged the other night. In any case, it is always entertaining :).

How did we get to where we are ? I think it all just nicely fell into place all by itself. The big change being the last big movement of all the deadwood/hoppers to Whiteside in about May/June?. I am quite glad they left to be honest. FML is a long term game and if you have people trying to maximize things in the short term well….gayness. I dont know about you but I like training up the youths and building my club up.

My question to you is. What would you rather have:

A/ A nice close knit community where everyone knows each other, with a few hundred different accounts of skilled managers to pit your wits against.

or

B/ A full server where Inflation is sky high, it is hard to sign players and where the community is "fractured".

I know where I would rather be.

Grim

No comments:

Post a Comment