Saturday, 28 November 2009
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Platini's Past Greats -
1. Nick Brooke - Platini Moderator and a dominating engineer with his AZ Bruntsfield, but sadly left us this season to concentrate on his third year at University (work hard at Uni, As if lol does it look like me and Alan Patterson work hard XD)
2. Karen Langton - Now you would have to be part of the Platini Founders to remember Platini's greatest (and one of the only) female managers. She left us in Season 6 in order to pursure other gameworlds, her team Suffragette City was at one point a record 5th place in an 800 member strong gameworld (how should I know it was that many because I was 758st and I was playing every day!)
3. Dave Fulton - Golden Oldies but one the best, always made us laugh with his theory that any technilogical advancements would spell the end of the world, well Gameworld staunchly against 3D-Graphics for FML. Achieved a record place of 14th in the time he was with us.
4. Alan Patterson - Wait?! But he is with us now. Very true he was but he left us for another gameworld Rummienge then after realising he missed the awesome characters from Platini he came back with his tail between his legs and was happily welcomed back. Achieved a record place of 2nd and hasn't achieved it since :P
Platini's Past Idiots
1. Sunny Adams
Well we all remember Sunny don't we? enough said on the matter. Though tbh I personally liked him one to one, but when he kept going on about the Hulk that was enough to do our minds in!!!
Any more suggestions to the Past Greats or Idiots would be appreciated :D
Thanks for Reading
Daniel (Roxas) Ruddem
Thursday, 19 November 2009
1/ A Real life Roflcopter
I think it would be pretty awesome to be seen flying around the city with one of these bad boys.
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
I live in a nice little Gameworld. It is home to some very skilled, as well as some very shit managers(Kieran).
My Aim for this Blog is to give you some ramblings about the goings on in Platini, the adventures of Grim Reaper and anything interesting about FML.
Platini is a fairly old server, started about February 09 and at the moment (18/11/09), there have been 138 different managers that have logged in, in the last 24 hours. Is this a good thing ? or a bad thing ? I keep hearing on the forums about "Gameworlds are dying", "ZOMG U FUCKEN SUXORS GW DIEDZ" and the like.
How many managers is infact optimal ?. To be honest I think everything is fine as it is. ……We could do with a few more managers, but:
1. The transfer market is still pretty active
Not only is the transfer market alive and booming, but there are lots of good regens (think they finally fixed something in 1.3.2) as well as oldies available on the free agent market.
2. Football Associations
There are about 4Active FA's all running lots of competitions for youth as well as seniors.
As I type this there are 33 managers online. this is pretty much a good average for us. That is more than enough people to play against. The lobby is always very talkative too, usually with Mike talking about something to do with midgets or Alan talking about the Fat bird he shagged the other night. In any case, it is always entertaining :).
How did we get to where we are ? I think it all just nicely fell into place all by itself. The big change being the last big movement of all the deadwood/hoppers to Whiteside in about May/June?. I am quite glad they left to be honest. FML is a long term game and if you have people trying to maximize things in the short term well….gayness. I dont know about you but I like training up the youths and building my club up.
My question to you is. What would you rather have:
A/ A nice close knit community where everyone knows each other, with a few hundred different accounts of skilled managers to pit your wits against.
B/ A full server where Inflation is sky high, it is hard to sign players and where the community is "fractured".
I know where I would rather be.